MelNet: Social network analysis and theory,
Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences, supervised by
Prof. Garry Robins.
International fellow, SoNAR-C Social Network Analysis Research Center, UniversitÓ della Svizzera italiana, Lugano, Switzerland.
Department of Computer Science
and Software Engineering,
The University of Melbourne, supervised by Prof. Peter J. Stuckey and Dr Tony Wirth
Fax: +61 3 9347 6618
Please do not contact me about supervision. I am merely a junior ("level A" in Australian terminology) postdoc, and not a "professor". I do not supervise students (at any level).
All of my publications are available for free online, via this website.
Please note: I no longer review for, or submit manuscripts to, journals published by Elsevier.
Google Scholar profile (this is the best source for up-to-date publication and citation information).
- A. Stivala 2017 Diversity and community: the role of agent-based modeling Am. J. Commun. Psychol. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1002/ajcp.12131 [Preprint]
- M. Byshkin, A. Stivala, A. Mira, R. Krause, G. Robins and A. Lomi 2016 Auxiliary Parameter MCMC for Exponential Random Graph Models. J. Stat. Phys. 165(4):740-754 doi: 10.1007/s10955-016-1650-5 [Preprint]
- A. Stivala, Y. Kashima and M. Kirley 2016 Culture and cooperation in a spatial public goods game Phys. Rev. E 94:032303 doi: 10.1103/PhysRevE.94.032303 [Published paper] [Supplemental Material]
- A. Stivala, G. Robins, Y. Kashima and M. Kirley 2016 Diversity and community can coexist Am. J. Commun. Psychol. 57(1-2):243-254 doi: 10.1002/ajcp.12021 [Preprint]
- A. Stivala, J. Koskinen, D. Rolls, P. Wang and G. Robins 2016 Snowball sampling for estimating exponential random graph models for large networks Social Networks 47:167-188 doi: 10.1016/j.socnet.2015.11.003 [Preprint]
- A. Stivala, G. Robins, Y. Kashima and M. Kirley 2014 Ultrametric distribution of culture vectors in an extended Axelrod model of cultural dissemination Sci. Rep. 4:4870 doi:10.1038/srep04870
- A. Stivala, M. Wybrow, A. Wirth, J. Whisstock and P. Stuckey 2011 Automatic generation of protein structure cartoons with Pro-origami Bioinformatics 27(23):3315-3316 doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btr575
- A. Stivala, P. Stuckey, M. Garcia de la Banda, M. Hermenegildo and A. Wirth 2010 Lock-free parallel dynamic programming J. Parallel Distrib. Comput. 70:839-848 doi:10.1016/j.jpdc.2010.01.004
- A. Stivala, P. Stuckey and A. Wirth 2010 Fast and accurate protein substructure searching with simulated annealing and GPUs BMC Bioinformatics 11:446
- A. Stivala, A. Wirth and P. Stuckey 2009 Tableau-based protein substructure search using quadratic programming BMC Bioinformatics, 10:153
- Y. Kashima, M. Kirley, A. Stivala, and G. Robins (In press; accepted Nov. 2015). Modelling cultural dynamics. In R R. Vallacher, S. J. Read, & A. Nowak (Eds.) Computational Models in Social Psychology. New York: Psychology Press.
- Swiss National Research Programme 75 Big Data research grant: Lomi, Crestani, Robins, Stivala, Angelopoulos & Mira, The Global Structure of Knowledge Networks: Data, Models and Empirical Results. 2017 - 2020.
- AOARD FA2386-15-1-4020 "Dissemination of opinions and ideas via complex contagion on social networks" 1 July 2015 - 1 July 2016 (with Yoshihisa Kashima, Garry Robins, Michael Kirley)
- PASC "Snowball sampling" 1 April 2015 - 31 March 2017 (with Alessandro Lomi, Rolf Krause, Garry Robins, Alberto Caimo)
- VLSCI VR0261/VR0297 "Co-Evolutionary Dynamics of Culture and Social Structure" / "Modelling large social networks: statistics and cultural dynamics" 1 January 2013 - 31 December 2016 (with Garry Robins, Yoshihisa Kashima, Michael Kirley)
Supplementary material for publications
Source code, data sets, web server (where applicable) etc. related to the publications above are available
via the following links:
Alternate research website
- In semester 2, 2007 I was the head tutor for 433-253: Algorithms and Data Structures.
- In semester 1, 2007 I was the head tutor for 433-253: Algorithms and Data Structures.
- In semester 2, 2006 I tutored 433-253: Algorithms and Data Structures.
This page, its contents and style, are the responsibility of the author and do not necessarily represent the views, policies or opinions of The University of Melbourne.
$Id: index.html,v 1.107 2017/03/14 06:19:40 stivalaa Exp $